Friday 14 September 2012

Book Review: The Magic of Thinking BIG by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.

These three weeks, I took a short break in the middle of project management books by reading The Magic of Thinking BIG by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D. This book now is worth of being added into my book recommended list for life motivation category. Since I’m rather busy to run after some huge life plan at this point of time, I’m just introducing a cursory review here.






If you’ve never know how BIG you are or you always think you’re too SMALL for something, this book is just for you.

First of all, I don’t think you have to spend a lot of time on this book because it is very compact and easy to read.  The simple writing style works as a plus to inviting you reading more and more actually. It did happen to me that I couldn’t lay the book down until it was too late at night or it was the last minute to do other must-be-done-tasks. I’ve never got bored of any sections in the book; on the other hand, I even read out loud some parts and immersed myself into practical cases I’ve been through in my life.

Second, one thing to set this book apart from the others in the same genre is that it doesn’t mention only THEORY LESSONS or CONSOLATION. The book not only gives simple, practical and efficient food for thoughts, but also accompanies a lot of real “case-studies” that the author himself encountered during his professional years.

Last, the book appeals well-shaped motivations for all aspects of life, from achieving self happiness and peace of mind to family balance, from being an employee to an employer. Personally, I really like these maxims: Think Big, Think Actions, Being Activationists, not Passivationists.  There are still a lot more you can find inside the book. Those are not to read for just understanding, they’re for thinking and acting. To end this review, I would like to excerpt a brief outline from the book blurb as well as table of content here. If you’ve already read this book, I would love to hear from you too. If not, I hope you will enjoy it.

Believe You Can Succeed And You Will

Cure Yourself Of the Fear Of Failure

Think And Dream Creatively

You Are What You Think You Are

Make Your Attitudes Your Allies

Learn How To Think Positively

Turn Defeat Into Victory

Use Goals To Help You Grow

Think Like A Leader


To remind myself one more time: BEING ACTIVATIONISTS, NOT PASSIVATIONISTS
(Passion alone is good but not enough!)


"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...